Health & Beauty Related Articles
Best Treatments For Acne
Anyone who has suffered from acne at one point or another knows how much of a bother it is and how nice it would be to once and for all be rid of it. While there are not permanent and magical cures for acne, there are five essential things that can be done to help alleviate acne and prevent it from coming back. Taking good care of your skin and following these five rules of skin care can help you not only get rid of your acne, but also help prevent wrinkles, crows feet and other hindering issues that can affect the overall look and appearance of your skin.
1. Reduction in stress levels - reducing the amount of stress in your daily life can greatly reduce the occurrence of acne and other stress related skin blemishes. Stress causes havoc in the body in a number of ways, and finding ways to reduce the amount of stress that we are all under every day, can help reduce the chances of developing acne and control the hormones and other levels in the body that are all affected by constant stress.
2. Keep your hands off your face! You probably don't know that your hands are full of bacteria that play havoc with your facial skin. You may be someone, like me, who props their head up on their hand while reading or having conversations with people around a table. These habits can easily be broken once you realize it could be one of the leading causes of your acne.
3. Good daily skin maintenance - using the right cleansers and moisturizers for your skin type are essential to help balance your skin and help it look its best. Each skin type requires different kinds of products to help enhance the properties of the skin. Oily skin is more prone to developing acne and should only be treated with products designed for oily skin. It is important to make sure you properly clean and moisturize your skin every day.
4. Masques or peels - use these products regularly to keep ahead of the small wrinkles, such as crow's feet and frown lines that can pop up on your face. These products are also excellent for deep cleansing of the pores where bacteria can build up and cause acne to develop. Keeping the pores clean can help ensure that your skin will be smooth and healthy looking. Both masques and peels not only deep clean the face, but also help reveal healthy and renewed skin cells.
5. Vitamin A enriched products - products that use Vitamin A are aimed to help produce and enhance collagen formation in the skin and keep your skin looking firm and young. Vitamin A is an important ingredient that is used in a lot of facial products to help skin be healthy from the use of vitamins and nutrients. There are many kinds of facial cleansers, moisturizers and other treatments that are available that contain the powerful health benefits of Vitamin A.
Melanie Vasseur is a renowned chemist, esthetician and the founder of Vasseur Skin Car. For more skin care tips and information visit http://www.vsskin.com or call 619-236-9095.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Melanie_Vasseur
Discover Which Acne Treatment is Also a Powerful Anti-Aging Remedy
You may have heard of benzyol peroxide as an acne treatment, but did you know that it is also a great aid in fighting the signs of aging? Retin-A is a cousin of benzyol peroxide and is a prescription cream that has been around for years now and has been used to treat acne. In the last few years it has been prescribed to patients to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Retin-A or other retinoic acid based products have many side effects, namely excessive peeling of the skin and redness. Benzyol peroxide products do much the same work, but have far less severe side effects and can be purchased without a prescription.
Vitamin A Acid - Retin-A
The Vitamin A acid is an excellent irritant. It causes peeling, and after several weeks, it begins to open up impacted pores. However, your skin may get worse before it becomes better. After three or four weeks, your skin looks worse, but if you continue to use it faithfully, the worse of the peeling and redness will subside and you will start to see the benefits. It might take three or four months to show improvement
While Vitamin A acid did successfully peel down inside the pore, unblocking and preventing further formation of impactions, it did nothing to combat another facet of acne, the bacterial action in the pore. An ideal topical medication would be one which served both purposes. Enter benzyol peroxide and Dr. James Fulton.
The Benzyl Peroxide Breakthrough
Dr. James Fulton and Dr. Albert Kligman both worked on Vitamin A acid and brought it to Johnson & Johnson which patented it as Retin-A. Dr. James Fulton continued to search for a better treatment. In 1968 he discovered research featuring benzyol peroxide, which didn't present the drawbacks of causing worsening flare-ups in some patients. Also when the skin peeled with benzyol peroxide, it did not look as red. It is called a "white peel" as opposed to the "red peel" of Retin-A.
To Dr. Fulton's amazement, he found that in addition to causing the skin to peel down inside the pore, benzyol peroxide also suppressed those irritating fatty acids in sebum much better than tetracycline pills had ever done.
Dr. Fulton was quite excited with his discoveries. Benzyol peroxide addressed two issues. It caused peeling and loosening of impactions and also fought the bacteria down in the pore. Benzyol peroxide's action is similar to hydrogen peroxide. Upon skin contact the hydrogen bubbles and releases powerful oxygen which kills all the bacteria. The same is true of benzyol peroxide, except the benzyol part of the molecule pulls the peroxide down into the pore. Remember that acne's bacteria are anaerobic; they cannot survive in the presence of oxygen, so as oxygen is pulled into the pore, it kills the bacteria. Benzyol peroxide provided the perfect treatment.
Benzyol peroxide is the best available treatment for acne today. (Along with Maxiclear, sulfur mask and Devial), anyone can now have a chance for a beautiful complexion.
The peeling effects of Retin-A or benzyol peroxide also have the added advantage of peeling away the top layer of skin and clearing away dead skin cells. This dramatically improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This low cost acne treatment is a definite boost to your skin's appearance.
Melanie Vasseur is a chemist, esthetician and the founder of Vasseur Skincare. For more skincare tips and information, visit http://www.vsskin.com or http://www.vasseurdayspa.com, 619-236-9095.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Melanie_Vasseur
Next Page ››